Do You Live in a HUBZone?
LightGrid is located in a region of Virginia Beach, VA certified by the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) as a Historically Underutilized Business Zone. HUBZone concerns like ours are eligible for preferential placement of government contracts. We are particularly interested in recruiting employees who are already located in HUBZones. The SBA maintains a convenient map of certified locations. More information can be found on the SBA web site. Take a look; you might be just who we’re searching for.
However, LightGrid is always looking for enthusiastic individuals to join our team.
“LightGrid, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status”
IP Network Controller
Position Title: IP Network Controller
Locations: Scott, AFB, IL and Hill, AFB, UT
Reports to: TBD
Reporting to this position: TBD
Job Summary: Employee will be responsible for monitoring, operating and managing, troubleshooting and restoring to service any of the components comprising the DoD Information Network (DoDIN) and
associated IP networks. These include data/voice communications equipment, routers, crypto devices (KG-340, KG-175A/D/G, KIV-7, KIV-19), routing, network appliances (CSU, DSU). Requirements include IAT
Level II requirements of 8570, at least 3 years of experience working with transport/networking technologies, and strong communication/reporting skills.
- Support the IP Desk within DISA’s 24×7 Network Operations Center.
- Ability to work nights and weekend duty as required through shift work.
- Monitor network element alarms and alerts to identify those components/elements that may lead to or already are causing network degradation or failure. Accomplishes this through use of network management system(s) and associated assets on a continuous (rotating shifts) basis. Performs fault isolation, diagnostic, and assessment functions to include determination and execution of corrective action(s) on real-time basis.
- Interface with functional users as well as remote operations centers in both routine and reactive monitoring situations.
- Keep logs and records for reported problems or situations.
- Execute all reporting functions and data input associated with network management.
- Monitor security stance of network(s); report suspected violations to authority.
- Coordinate with configuration management and implementation entities to ensure optimum dissemination of information and network efficiency.
- Perform operator level maintenance on all components/assets within network management systems.
Position Title: Network/System/Cyber/Firewall Engineers
- Columbus, OH
- Ft Meade, MD
- Ft. Bragg, NC
- Joint Base Lewis-McChord (JBLM) -Seattle/Tacoma WA
- Joint Base San Antonio, TX (JBSA)
- Mechanicsburg, PA
- Montgomery, AL
- North Island – San Diego, CA
- Ogden, Utah
- Oklahoma City, OK
- Springfield, VA
- Scott AFB, IL
Network and Firewall Engineers interested in joining our team on an important mission to support our DISA customer on one of Leidos’ largest programs, the Global Systems Management Operations (GSM-O) program.
Our exclusive team of high performing engineers was just awarded additional work supporting a new high visibility and robust mission, JRSS
(Joint Regional Security Stacks). The mission of JRSS is to bring the DoD’s local security stack infrastructure into a centralized regional security stack infrastructure, efficiently, effectively and securely.
- Current IAT II 8570 Certification or Higher.
- Current Active Top Secret.
(Some positions may be able to consider Secret with open SSBI).
Bachelor’s Degree and 4+ years of experience in Network Engineering or Firewall/Cybersecurity
Engineering roles: Relevant experience may substitute in lieu of a degree.
We are seeking individuals with:
- Cisco or Juniper – Routing and Switching
- MPLS (Multi-Protocol Label Switching)
- BGP (Border Gateway Protocol)
- Palo Alto or Cisco ASA Firewalls
- In-depth protocol analysis with tools such as tcpdump
- Orchestrating the project end-to-end
- Analyzing discovery information and determines requirements for migration; Providing gap analysis at the start of the project; Directing team members and reviewing results
- De-conflict inconsistencies between engineering implementation plans (EIPs ) and directs changes to EIP authors
- Maintaining current network diagram for COI/Base (end-to-end)
- Controlling all variables and allocations e.g. IP Addresses, VLANs, VRFs, shims, process IDs, etc.
- Defining migration requirements to Tools and CND teams, this includes acceptable deadlines tracked by PM
- Tracking task status against ASI schedule and adjusts implementations as required.
Clearance: Top Secret
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40