LightGrid has the technology planning experience to know what an effective network requires.
Our planning approach considers your current technology capabilities and builds towards your technology expectations and requirements of the future to ensure an efficient and effective transition. With experience in both the public and private sector, our team navigates through the most challenging technology transition and insertion scenarios.
LightGrid will provide you with strategic technology refresh, transition, and insertion planning support to include preparation and development of milestone schedules, specific studies, fact-finding research, data analysis, and processes and procedures.
LightGrid Technology Planning expertise will:
- Analyze program requirements, conduct trade studies, and develop candidate solutions
- Identify relationships and dependencies with other program plans
- Synchronize, sequence, and coordinate schedules and estimate costs
- Perform technical reviews and audits
- Prepare planning documentation such as a program Systems Engineering Plan (SEP) Develop performance metrics to measure program status and implementation effectiveness
- Analyze program schedule, cost, and performance risk and develop risk mitigation strategies
- Interact with commercial industry to understand best practices and technology trends
- Assess emerging technology maturity and plan the optimum timing for technology insertion – Software Defined Networking (SDN), Network Function Virtualization (NFV), Internet of Things (IoT)
- Integrate advanced network technologies into enterprise architectures – Optical Transport Network (OTN), Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS), Virtual Private Networking (VPN), Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6), Quality of Service (QoS), Multicast
LightGrid is the lead author for the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Defense Information System Network (DISN) Overarching Technical Strategy (DOTS) that describes the technology roadmap for the evolution towards the DoD Joint Information Environment (JIE) of converged enterprise computing, networks, enterprise services, and information assurance. The DOTS introduced the innovative focus on service development as the basis for planning infrastructure evolution and technology selection.
LightGrid is the lead technical author for the DISN Technical Evolution Plan (DTEP), which governs the planning and execution of activities to transform and refresh separate, special-purpose networks supporting transport, packet data, voice, and video services into an integrated network supporting converged services and applications. The DTEP introduced the service realization process to develop and offer improved services to DISA users.
LightGrid provides broad strategic leadership across the DISN technology capability areas including Networking (Optical Transport, MPLS, Internet Protocol, Timing & Sync), Unified Capabilities (UC) (voice and video), Satellite Communications (SATCOM gateways), Mobility (Mobility gateway), Operations and Management (Automated provisioning), and Cybersecurity (Internet access and mission partner interface).