- Assist the Government Lead in the daily engineering duties on systems.
- Evaluate communication hardware and software communication, troubleshoot Local Area Network (LAN)/Base Area Network (BAN)/Wide Area Network (WAN) and other network related problems
- Provide technical leadership in the integration and test of complex large-scale computer integrated networks
- Schedule conversions and cutovers
- Design and provide near real time full spectrum situational awareness of IT services, events, incidents, and infrastructure to support vulnerability analyses. Deliver Navy/Marine Corps NetOps control and visibility via electronic network management systems (automated means) and Command and Control (C2) facilities for use by watch standers on the Navy/Marine Corps network
- Facilitate the Government’s exercise of network operational control over critical services and infrastructure in support of Department of Navy (DON) statutory and war fighting responsibilities
- Design and perform schema extensions for directory services. Perform system integration and server installation on server hardware
- Perform system backup (Disaster Recovery), security updates (in accordance with Government procedures for directory services), and system integration with HBSS
- Develop integration with standard Active Directory (AD) services plus the availability to use Windows Light Directory Access Portal (LDAP) services for all physical and virtual application servers, network devices and appliances
- Perform tasks associated with application networking ports and protocols, Information Assurance (IA), routing and LAN. Perform integration with Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) certificates and network accounts to support two- factor authentication for all Active Directory (AD) domain account categories and eliminate the need for password-based authentication
- Support network analysis and troubleshooting using deep packet inspection with Wireshark, Sniffer or similar toolsets. Develop system status dashboards
- Design, test, document, install, and maintain NetScout systems such as nGenius One, NetScout Performance Manager, and Netscout Infinistream
- Design RedHat Enterprise Linux Platforms solutions and Rights Management Services for administrators, users and groups
- Design, Develop and Operate Central Management Consoles and Systems including (but not limited to): Cisco, Juniper, Fortinet, Brocade, McAfee, Linux, HP Operations Manager i (OMi), HP Network Node Manager i (NNMi), HP Server Automation, and HP Network Automation.
- Experience with the performance and configuration of networks. Experience with NetWork Access Control and Comply to Connect. Must possess Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) version 3 Foundation certification.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business, or related field*
- Information Assurance Technician (IAT) Level III
- 10 years of experience in general IT
- Experience with NetWork Access Control and Comply to Connect
- Must possess Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) version 3 Foundation certification.
Required Security Clearance: Secret