O365 Integration Engineer
About the Position
The O365 Integration Engineer executes the installation and configuration of the Skype for Business hybrid solution. UC Integration is the designing, planning, engineering, and integration of Unified Capabilities including Voice, Voice Messaging, Video, Web conferencing, and Microsoft Skype for Business collaboration tools. UC Integration Engineering services also includes planning for the integration of new software & hardware into the network. The UC Integration Engineer executes the design of the solution. During the Design Phase, the UC Integration Engineer will review and analyze the Architecture and Design provided by the UC Architect team, assist with developing Detailed Design and Testing documentation, and is responsible for testing in the Lab environment. During the Integration Phase, the UC Integration Engineer will work to stage the equipment and install it at the Data Centers, perform the user onboarding and user troubleshooting process, and work with engineers at the Customer locations to assist with integration required for local devices as needed. The UC Integration Engineer is a member of an integrated project team (IPT) to integrate a hybrid Cloud/On-prem UC solution for the US Army. They will assist in integrating ECVoIP, a managed secure voice capability utilizing both the SIPRNET and VoSIP architectures. The UC Integration Engineer will work to ensure that the Site Readiness and Cutover milestones are met. The UC Integration Engineer will schedule and coordinate lifecycle configuration changes, including configuration changes and service patches.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide high level engineering and integration expertise for VoIP, Voice messaging, Video, Web conferencing, Chat, Presence, and other UC services
- Support the design, test, and integration initiatives for US Army UC services
- Knowledge of o365 with great emphasis on Skype for Business, both on premise and online and Azure technologies like AADConnect, Azure AD.
- Provide hands-on implementation, configuration and troubleshooting of Hybrid Skype for business solution, spanning across multiple datacenters and geographical locations globally.
- Perform specific site and core system tests including installation test, deployment tests, functional test, and production release test and finally, acceptance testing for customer signoff
- Provide expert-level troubleshooting and configuration for multiple technologies associated with unified communications product and services.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Exchange and its integration capabilities with Skype for Business.
- Work to resolve any escalation issues from the NOC.
Required Experience, Education, and Certifications
- Expert in UC services, including VoIP-PSTN integration, Video, Web conferencing, Chat, Presence, desktop sharing and Fixed-Mobile Convergence
- Deep knowledge of Skype for business, and all suite of services of Office 365
- Hands-on experience in UC and network transformation in a large-scale production environment
- Experienced working with Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol XMPP
- 6+ years industry experience in large scale UC and network transformation architecture, design and implementation encompassing all facets of IP and UC services
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Desired Experience, Education, and Certifications:
- Strategic IT Consulting experience desired
- Specific Infrastructure experience and certifications a Plus
Personnel shall possess a Secret Security Clearance