- Assist the Government Lead in the daily engineering duties on systems.
- Perform general Local Area Network (LAN)/Base Area Network (BAN)/Wide Area Network (WAN) administration.
- Schedule conversions and cutovers.
- Evaluate and design communication hardware and software, troubleshoot LAN/BAN/WAN and other network related problems.
- Perform Capacity and Demand Management activities in accordance with the USMC Circuit Management processes.
- Support traffic analysis and traffic shaping design plans. Monitor and optimize directory services replication speed.
- Design the capabilities and features that allow end users to for access of internal and external web content via Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) and HTTPS protocols.
- Design capabilities for caching and proxy, to include control of content accessed through proxy (Filter by category, allow policy application scheduling, and apply updates of automated filter categories from a Government approved industry provider).
- Assist with the development and integration of identity and access management requirements and monitor security updates in accordance with Government policies.
- Develop, update, track, and perform Internet Protocol (IP) scheme and address management.
- Design, Develop and Integrate network routing utilizing Border Gateway Protocol (BGP), Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP),
- Open Shortage Path First (OSPF) routing and Virtual Routing and Firewall (VRF), and perform network security utilizing Virtual Routing and Firewall (VRF), Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS), Access Control List (ACL), Internet Protocol Security (IPSEC), and Layer 2 Virtual Private Network (L2 VPN).
- Oversee Rights Management Services for administrators, users, and groups.
- Design Anti-malware, Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP), and Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure (HTTPS) inspection solutions.
- Design application networking ports and protocols, Information Assurance (IA), routing and LAN. Perform integration with Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) certificates and network accounts to support two-factor authentication for all Active Directory (AD) domain account categories and eliminate the need for password-based authentication.
- Design and integrate multivendor solutions utilizing Cisco, Juniper, Brocade and other vendor technologies. Experience with performance, design, configuration, and testing of complex large-scale computer networks. Experience with Navy/Marine Corps, DISA and Joint interoperability of network design, integration and implementation.
- Expert knowledge of Domain Name Server (DNS), Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), and Uniform Resource Locator (URL) filtering.
- Must possess Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) version 3 Foundation certification. Must possess professional-level certifications in one or more technology related vendor solutions such as Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) Service Provider, Juniper Networks Certified Internet Professional (JNCIP), or equivalent Certification, or demonstrate sufficient experience in lieu of certification.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business, or related field*
- Information Assurance Technician (IAT) Level III
- 10 years of experience in general IT
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) Routing and Switching Juniper Networks Certified Internet Professional (JNCIP)
Required Security Clearance: Secret