The Controller will work closely with our team to lead key accounting functions. The qualified candidate for this role must have extensive experience and knowledge of government contracting accounting practices. This position will be responsible for day to day direct supervision of all accounting and financial functions, financial reporting, preparation of monthly bank reports and financial forecasting.
The main job responsibilities include:
- Responsible for ensuring monthly financial statements and period close meet required deadline.
- Development, analysis, and interpretation of statistical and accounting information in order to appraise operating results in terms of profitability, performance against budget, and other matters bearing on the fiscal soundness and operating effectiveness of the organization.
- Responsible for ensuring all invoicing and billing is done on time and accurately.
- Responsible for leadership and overall supervision of the general accounting operations and establishment and implementation of short and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
- Responsible for establishing, monitoring and enforcing financial policies and procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring timely period close of operation and division results, revenue and expense analysis, and backlog analysis.
- Responsible for preparing company-wide journal entries, specifically those related to monthly allocations at month end and issuing timely and accurate monthly financial records for review.
- Responsible for financial analysis tools to evaluate special projects, programs etc. when necessary.
- Monitors and confirms financial condition by conducting audit and providing information to external auditors.
- Responsible for recommendations and implementation, when necessary, of improvements to our business system or other systems in order to improve efficiencies.
- Manages year-end tax preparation for federal and state filing updates.
- Supervises the work assignments of Finance Staff.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company policies and applicable laws.
- Government contracting experience is required.
- Candidate must have proven experience with telecommuting.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- 10+ years’ related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Self-motivated and self-directed.
- Expert knowledge of senior DoD/Intel Protocol including FAR and DFAR and Government Contracting financial rules and regulations.
- Expert knowledge of tax codes and processes for Government Contractors including Cost Pools, Allowables and Unallowables.
- Experience with JAMIS Prime preferred.
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills.