Job Objectives: This role is responsible for Implementing Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) best practices within a production environment. The Process Improvement Specialist supports a large federal agency’s Enterprise Architecture efforts to successfully maintain and develop best practices for Configuration and Change Management, Asset Management, and Knowledge Management.
- Work on a Change and Configuration Management team applying process improvement to facilitate greater efficiencies and control over processes and resolution of impediments.
- Coach professional agile-teams from assorted IT disciplines to meet requirements and add value with KM touch points for every stage of the ITIL service management lifecycle.
- Oversee the quality and delivery of performance standards and status reports · Lead key process improvements including information assurance with release and deployment statistics, revamping Change and Configuration Management processes.
- Capture requirements through interview and other methods to translate into and provide documents, processes, and reports to meet the requirements
- Acquire Defense Enterprise Portal Service (DEPS) site collection privileges and maintain current SharePoint sites and workflows
- Support the Quality Control Program and consolidate Quality Assurance information for reporting
- Develop value-stream mapping, process analysis, and data analytics reports
- Develop and provide informative and analytical reports from ServiceNow
- Support and develop dashboards from ServiceNow to support operational activities and events · Identify, recommend, and define metrics developing processes to gather, report, and analyze the data for informational purposes
- Develop documentation for metrics, processes, and other activities to support mission and requirements
- Develop and document process workflows and provide textual context to describe the process, steps, and expected outcomes Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong mentoring, coaching, and facilitating skills
- Ability to organize and facilitate planning and demonstrations
- Lead small matrixed teams such as QA representatives, IPTs, and others to provide support, outcomes, and deliverables · Support Solutions engineering activities
- Ability to track, manage, and ensure project tasks are completed in a timely manner
- Ability to identify, analyze, and capture data to provide informational documents, graphs, and reports Technical Knowledge · Microsoft products (Word, Excel, SharePoint, Visio)
- ITSM Remedy/ServiceNow (preferably administrator)
- Strong knowledge of SDLC, ITIL, and CMMI highly desired
- Agile Practitioner Certification highly desired
- Six Sigma tools and methods Education
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field
- 6+ years related experience
- IAT Level II certification is required before start
- Security+CE (or appropriate DoDM 8570 Baseline Certification)
- ITSM Tool, preferably ServiceNow
Required Security Clearance: Secret