LightGrid is always looking for enthusiastic individuals to join our team.
LightGrid, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status
Do You Live in a HUBZone?
LightGrid is located in a region of Virginia Beach, VA certified by the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) as a Historically Underutilized Business Zone. HUBZone concerns like ours are eligible for preferential placement of government contracts. We are particularly interested in recruiting employees who are already located in HUBZones. The SBA maintains a convenient map of certified locations. More information can be found on the SBA web site. Take a look; you might be just who we’re searching for.
Active Directory Engineer
About the Position
The Active Directory Engineer provides support, implementation, and design services for Microsoft Active Directory and Windows-based systems across the enterprise, including directory and identity management solutions. Resolves and appropriately completes assigned cases and change requests and acts as an escalation for support issues. Applies new solutions through research and collaboration with team and determines course of action for new application initiatives. Implements new software solutions as required by the business. The core infrastructure technology duties include enterprise Microsoft Active Directory and Windows file services architecture creation and management, global system security and policy configuration, and top-level support for enterprise-wide initiatives.
This role requires an in-depth knowledge of Active Directory, Federation, Windows Server 2012/2012 R2, Windows security, AD Proxy, Virtual Directory solutions, AD integration with Office 365 and related technology.
- Produce enterprise-level designs for Active Directory and Windows File Services for global initiatives following those through to implementation via collaboration with project and support teams.
- Identify opportunities to innovate, extend and enhance service delivery everywhere possible.
- Own Root Cause Analysis and Problem Management for corporate Identity Management environment.
- Serves as escalation point for application support and troubleshooting, provides guidance and direction in resolution of escalated issues and/or complex production, application or system problems.
- Serves as the first line of escalation support for domain technology issues that cannot be resolved by tier one and two server support.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs.
- Install, configure, and maintain Active Directory and third-party software utilities for hardware systems within company operational guidelines.
- Create and maintain system documentation for domain technologies, including installation, configuration, and appropriate troubleshooting steps.
- Improve existing processes through solutions to recurring problems and enhancements to existing solutions or documentation.
- Provide training as required
- Manage customer satisfaction through effectively communicating and managing customer
- Experience working with Microsoft Identity technologies including Active Directory, Windows File Services, and Group Policies.
- Expert knowledge in administering Active Directory (AD) and GPO’s.
- Expert knowledge of AD, ADFS, PKI in Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2012 R2.
- Expert knowledge of DNS, DHCP, WINS, DFS, in a Windows 2012 landscape.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Forefront Identity Management, Microsoft Exchange, and Office 365 are preferable.
- Must have deep and thorough understanding of monitoring best practices, preferably with Microsoft System Center Operation Manager (SCOM) understanding and experience.
- Extensive experience with infrastructure and server theories, principles and concepts; application infrastructure and standards; networking fundamentals; Windows; Physical Server architecture; Virtualization Technologies (e.g. VMware, HyperV) and LAN/WAN/Firewall/VPN network technologies.
- Develops, documents, and enforces the standards, security procedures, and controls for access to ensure integrity of the Windows Systems, Active Directory, and related systems.
- Knowledge of server virtualization technologies, preferably VMware and/or Microsoft technologies
- ITIL v3 Certification
- MCSA Certification
- Minimum 7 years overall IT experience with 3-5 years of experience working with Microsoft Identity technologies including Active Directory, Windows File Services, and Group Policies.
- Must show a progressive advancement in responsibility including deep troubleshooting technical skills.
- Must have an understanding of how to identify and instill industry best practices.
- Ability to translate technical issues into understandable business language for end users.
- Desired experience working in a fast-paced Federal environment with a career track record of engineering, developing, deploying, and maintaining business critical systems in the area of technical expertise including hands on solution development and implementation experience.
- Team Player with proven leadership, communication, organizational, and strong interpersonal skills. The role requires significant interaction with many different teams across a global company.
- Must be able to work in a team environment with a “can do” attitude capable of overcoming difficult challenges.
- Self-motivated, with keen attention to detail and excellent judgment skills
- Ability to establish new standards for quality, performance or productivity
- Must have excellent writing and communication skills, strong communicator with ability to maintain open communication with internal employees, contractors, managers, 3rd parties, and customers as needed
- Able to integrate and apply feedback in a professional manner
- Able to prioritize and drive to results with a high emphasis on quality
O365 Integration Engineer
About the Position
The O365 Integration Engineer executes the installation and configuration of the Skype for Business hybrid solution. UC Integration is the designing, planning, engineering, and integration of Unified Capabilities including Voice, Voice Messaging, Video, Web conferencing, and Microsoft Skype for Business collaboration tools. UC Integration Engineering services also includes planning for the integration of new software & hardware into the network. The UC Integration Engineer executes the design of the solution. During the Design Phase, the UC Integration Engineer will review and analyze the Architecture and Design provided by the UC Architect team, assist with developing Detailed Design and Testing documentation, and is responsible for testing in the Lab environment. During the Integration Phase, the UC Integration Engineer will work to stage the equipment and install it at the Data Centers, perform the user onboarding and user troubleshooting process, and work with engineers at the Customer locations to assist with integration required for local devices as needed. The UC Integration Engineer is a member of an integrated project team (IPT) to integrate a hybrid Cloud/On-prem UC solution for the US Army. They will assist in integrating ECVoIP, a managed secure voice capability utilizing both the SIPRNET and VoSIP architectures. The UC Integration Engineer will work to ensure that the Site Readiness and Cutover milestones are met. The UC Integration Engineer will schedule and coordinate lifecycle configuration changes, including configuration changes and service patches.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide high level engineering and integration expertise for VoIP, Voice messaging, Video, Web conferencing, Chat, Presence, and other UC services
- Support the design, test, and integration initiatives for US Army UC services
- Knowledge of o365 with great emphasis on Skype for Business, both on premise and online and Azure technologies like AADConnect, Azure AD.
- Provide hands-on implementation, configuration and troubleshooting of Hybrid Skype for business solution, spanning across multiple datacenters and geographical locations globally.
- Perform specific site and core system tests including installation test, deployment tests, functional test, and production release test and finally, acceptance testing for customer signoff
- Provide expert-level troubleshooting and configuration for multiple technologies associated with unified communications product and services.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Exchange and its integration capabilities with Skype for Business.
- Work to resolve any escalation issues from the NOC.
Required Experience, Education, and Certifications
- Expert in UC services, including VoIP-PSTN integration, Video, Web conferencing, Chat, Presence, desktop sharing and Fixed-Mobile Convergence
- Deep knowledge of Skype for business, and all suite of services of Office 365
- Hands-on experience in UC and network transformation in a large-scale production environment
- Experienced working with Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol XMPP
- 6+ years industry experience in large scale UC and network transformation architecture, design and implementation encompassing all facets of IP and UC services
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Desired Experience, Education, and Certifications:
- Strategic IT Consulting experience desired
- Specific Infrastructure experience and certifications a Plus
Personnel shall possess a Secret Security Clearance
Network/ System/ Cyber/ Firewall Engineers
About the Position
Network and Firewall Engineers interested in joining our team on an important mission to support our DISA customer on one of Leidos’ largest programs, the Global Systems Management Operations (GSM-O) program. Our exclusive team of high performing engineers was just awarded additional work supporting a new high visibility and robust mission, JRSS (Joint Regional Security Stacks). The mission of JRSS is to bring the DoD’s local security stack infrastructure into a centralized regional security stack infrastructure, efficiently, effectively and securely.
Current IAT II 8570 Certification or Higher. Current Active Top Secret. (Some positions may be able to consider Secret with open SSBI). Bachelor’s Degree and 4+ years of experience in Network Engineering or Firewall/Cybersecurity Engineering roles. Relevant experience may substitute in lieu of a degree. We are seeking individuals with: Cisco or Juniper – Routing and Switching MPLS (Multi-Protocol Label Switching) BGP (Border Gateway Protocol) Palo Alto or Cisco ASA Firewalls In-depth protocol analysis with tools such as tcpdump
- Orchestrating the project end-to-end
- Analyzing discovery information and determines requirements for migration; Providing gap analysis at the start of the project; Directing team members and reviewing results
- De-conflict inconsistencies between engineering implementation plans (EIPs ) and directs changes to EIP authors
- Maintaining current network diagram for COI/Base (end-to-end)
- Controlling all variables and allocations e.g. IP Addresses, VLANs, VRFs, shims, process IDs, etc.
- Defining migration requirements to Tools and CND teams, this includes acceptable deadlines tracked by PM
- Tracking task status against ASI schedule and adjusts implementations as required.
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Optical Network Engineer
About the Position
- Min 5 years experience
- Active Secret clearance required, TS preferred
- BS technical degree
- On site at Ft Meade, MD with two days per week telework allowed
- Some travel possible
Provide optical transport network support expertise. Plan and design optical network infrastructure, including dense wave division multiplexing (DWDM) Optical Transport Systems (OTS), optical amplifiers, optical add-drop muxes, fiber plant and related hardware, software, and services. Plan and oversee lab and field testing.
- CIena 6500 (required)
- Cisco NCS 2000 (desired)
- Search terms:
- Optical Transport System (OTS)
- dense wave division multiplexing (DWDM)
- optical amplifiers
- reconfigurable optical add-drop multiplexer (ROADM)
- Optical Transport Network (OTN), ITU G.709
- Wavelength planning
- Fiber optics, fiber plant, fiber characterization